Scoliosis and Spinal Disorders will close on 31st March 2019 and is no longer accepting submissions. You may wish to submit to another BMC journal. Please visit the BMC website for a complete list of our journals.
BMC will continue to host an archive of all articles previously published in the journal, and all articles published in Scoliosis and Spinal Disorders will remain fully searchable via the BMC website.
Aims and scope
Scoliosis and Spinal Disorders is an open access, multidisciplinary journal that encompasses all aspects of research on prevention, diagnosis, treatment, outcomes and cost-analyses of conservative and surgical management of all spinal deformities and disorders. Both clinical and basic science reports form the cornerstone of the journal in its endeavour to provide original, primary studies as well as narrative/systematic reviews and meta-analyses to the academic community and beyond. Scoliosis and Spinal Disorders aims to provide an integrated and balanced view of cutting-edge spine research to further enhance effective collaboration among clinical spine specialists and scientists, and to ultimately improve patient outcomes based on an evidence-based spine care approach.
Scoliosis and Spinal Disorders is the official journal of the Society on Scoliosis Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Treatment (SOSORT).
The journal is also affiliated to the following societies:
- International Research Society of Spinal Deformities (IRSSD)
- Hellenic Spine Society (HSS)
- Italian Scoliosis and Spine Study Group (GSS)
- Italian Physiotherapist Association (AIFI)
- Study in Multidisciplinary Pain Research (SIMPAR)
- Chinese Orthopaedic Research Society (CORS)
- International Spine and Pain Consortium (ISPC)
About the Editors
Dr Theodoros B Grivas, MD, PhD is currently Director of the Traumatology and Orthopaedic Department at Tzaneio General Hospital in Piraeus.
Dr Dino Samartzis, DSc, is a faculty member at the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at RUSH University Medical Center and the Director of the International Spine Research Institute (ISRI) at RUSH University in Chicago, USA.
Recent news and events
- 44th ISSLS Annual Meeting - 29 May-2 June; Athens, Greece
1st ISSLS – AOSpine Clinical Symposium - 2 June; Athens, Greece
- 24th IMAST International Meeting - 12-15 July; Cape Town, South Africa
- 52nd SRS Annual Meeting- 6-9 September; Philadelphia, USA
- 11th Hellanic Spine Congress & 41st Spine Sypmposium “N. Giannestras and P. Smyrnis” - 2-5 November; Athens, Greece
- IRSSD 2018 Meeting - 14-16 June 2018; Utrecht, Netherlands
Announcing Scoliosis and Spinal Disorders
From Volume 11 (2016), the journal will be publishing as Scoliosis and Spinal Disorders (previously Scoliosis). The journal scope has broadened to include all types of spinal deformities and disorders that entail conservative and surgical management within clinical or basic science research.
In addition, we welcome our new co-Editor-in-Chief, Dr Dino Samartzis (University of Hong Kong).
2017 Journal Metrics
60 days to first decision for reviewed manuscripts only
63 days to first decision for all manuscripts
202 days from submission to acceptance
27 days from acceptance to publication