The role of the paravertebral muscles in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis evaluated by temporary paralysis
Published on: 10 October 2017
Published on: 3 October 2017
Published on: 27 September 2017
Published on: 26 September 2017
2011 SOSORT guidelines: Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation treatment of idiopathic scoliosis during growth
Published on: 20 January 2012
Published on: 5 August 2008
Published on: 4 August 2016
Published on: 30 August 2011
Aims and scope
Scoliosis and Spinal Disorders is an open access, multidisciplinary journal that encompasses all aspects of research on prevention, diagnosis, treatment, outcomes and cost-analyses of conservative and surgical management of all spinal deformities and disorders. Both clinical and basic science reports form the cornerstone of the journal in its endeavour to provide original, primary studies as well as narrative/systematic reviews and meta-analyses to the academic community and beyond. Scoliosis and Spinal Disorders aims to provide an integrated and balanced view of cutting-edge spine research to further enhance effective collaboration among clinical spine specialists and scientists, and to ultimately improve patient outcomes based on an evidence-based spine care approach.
Scoliosis and Spinal Disorders is the official journal of the Society on Scoliosis Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Treatment (SOSORT).
The journal is also affiliated to the following societies:
- International Research Society of Spinal Deformities (IRSSD)
- Hellenic Spine Society (HSS)
- Italian Scoliosis and Spine Study Group (GSS)
- Italian Physiotherapist Association (AIFI)
- Study in Multidisciplinary Pain Research (SIMPAR)
- Chinese Orthopaedic Research Society (CORS)
- International Spine and Pain Consortium (ISPC)
About the Editors
Dr Theodoros B Grivas, MD, PhD is currently Director of the Traumatology and Orthopaedic Department at Tzaneio General Hospital in Piraeus.
Dr Dino Samartzis, DSc, is a faculty member at the Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology at The University of Hong Kong (HKU) and Director of Clinical Spine Research, Deputy Director of the Laboratory and Clinical Research Institute of Pain, and Warden (Head) of Hornell Hall at HKU.
Recent news and events
- 44th ISSLS Annual Meeting - 29 May-2 June; Athens, Greece
1st ISSLS – AOSpine Clinical Symposium - 2 June; Athens, Greece
- 24th IMAST International Meeting - 12-15 July; Cape Town, South Africa
- 52nd SRS Annual Meeting- 6-9 September; Philadelphia, USA
- 11th Hellanic Spine Congress & 41st Spine Sypmposium “N. Giannestras and P. Smyrnis” - 2-5 November; Athens, Greece
- IRSSD 2018 Meeting - 14-16 June 2018; Utrecht, Netherlands
Announcing Scoliosis and Spinal Disorders
From Volume 11 (2016), the journal will be publishing as Scoliosis and Spinal Disorders (previously Scoliosis). The journal scope has broadened to include all types of spinal deformities and disorders that entail conservative and surgical management within clinical or basic science research.
In addition, we welcome our new co-Editor-in-Chief, Dr Dino Samartzis (University of Hong Kong).